Autocoding project proposal.

Huaiyu Zhu huaiyu at gauss.almadan.ibm.com
Fri Jan 25 18:24:55 EST 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:30:26 GMT, Timothy Rue <threeseas at earthlink.net> wrote:

>http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/vic-contents.html

Ah, here's the link.  Well, I can see you do have thought a lot about these.
But believe me, you have truckloads of details to be worked out before
others will join you.

As you do it, you'll find that the set of commands you initially chose might
shift away from the center of attention, and more important or intriguing
features might pop up.  You might find that some things you hand-waved
through emerge as almost inpenetrable hudles, and some things you hold dear
become jokingly trivial.

If I were at your position, I would just chooes the simplest example
imaginable that demonstrates the main feature of the design, and actually
code it up to see how it works.  You'll be amazed at how much details you
didn't see the first round.  Then you can trim down all the non-essential
details, and try to find an even simpler example.  After a few rounds you
would have a starting point that others might be interested in.  And if it
is a solid starting point, it will have a long life ahead.

Huaiyu