port doubling (or...)?

maximilianscherr MaximilianScherr at T-Online.de
Mon Jan 21 16:32:01 EST 2002

thanks,

it's a sever emu for uo, and i'm afraid, i can't change the port
(would be easier). the server does not handle all incoming packets,
so: lack of features. but i know the packet descriptions and
formats... so i could add this myself. the server has a sendpacket
command but not a receivepacket loop or something:( so i would need
to be able to accept connections on the same port, and if they are
unknown packets, they are handled by my server script.
like if packet = "BA97..."

thats what i want to do, i was told it is possible with socket
programming.
but i don't know if that is right for python too:)

i'm quite a newbie, so can't imagine how i could listen on one port
with both servers.