I need your experience - classification and comparison of languages

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Mon Jan 21 11:30:11 EST 2002

Two questions for Yvan:

  (1) I am curious why YOU are compiling this classification if "[you
      are] not programmer, analyst or responsible of projects and the
      criterias are subjective" (Sic). Perhaps you'd be better off going
      with data from someone else who has already tried to classify
      languages? There are many such comparisons available on the web.

  (2) Can you make your survey a little more clear? I'd be willing to
      fill it out (so far as I am qualified), but I can't really tell
      what you want me to do! A straightforward listing of questions
      with ratings/answers listed at the top would be nice -- if it looks
      quick and easy to fill out I'd probably be willing to help
      (although I doubt you would learn anything useful this way).

-- Michael Chermside