O.T. (slightly) -- anyone successfully using wasp? (python html preprocessor)

Moss Hart act1 at operamail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:58:36 EST 2002

Hi. As per subject line I'm trying to set up WASP, a python-based html
templating facility which has been referred to on this group from time
to time by its author Robin Parmar.(
http://www.execulink.com/~robin1/wasp/readme.html )
 If anyone's successfully running it, I'm interested in configuration
issues under Apache/linux. The docs focus on a virtual server setup
and I'm using the main server option, plus as mentioned above learning
as I go.

I'm attempting to set it up on Apache and have had difficulties. The
author seems currently to be incommunicado (to me at least). I've put
a lot of time into it and would like to get it right. I'm trying to
verify whether I've got Apache config problems (O.T.) or perhaps
Python environment problems -- my problem seems to relate to the
python script hanging after importing a specific module that comes
with the system. Had to compile and install 2.1.2 to run it which I
had never done before.

Perhaps reply off list (act1 at operamail.com)