Classes and Python

Lawrence Oluyede rhymes at myself.com
Thu Jan 24 11:16:14 EST 2002

I'm a newbie of Python and I'm still reading its tutorial (downloaded
from the official site).

I've found this sentence:

I also have to warn you that there's a terminological pitfall for
object-oriented readers: the word ``object'' in Python does not
necessarily mean a class instance. Like C++ and Modula-3, and unlike
Smalltalk, not all types in Python are classes: the basic built-in
types like integers and lists are not, and even somewhat more exotic
types like files aren't. However, all Python types share a little bit
of common semantics that is best described by using the word object.

What's the real meaning of that?

--
Lawrence "Rhymes" Oluyede (rhymes at myself.com)
"Per cambiare, per diventare un'altra