(Long) Re: Autocoding project proposal.

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 6 23:28:54 EST 2002

On 06-Feb-02 12:12:24 David Masterson <dmaster at synopsys.com> wrote:

>That is putting the cart in front of the horse.  We cannot create a
>tool to solve a problem until we know what the problem is.

That's not true. Not only has the problem been identified but it has been
pointed out that it is not a simple one time problem/solution matter.

The symbols of mathmatics weren't designed to solve one problem, they
were designed to solve all problems in that class of problems.

I have pointed out that programming is the act of automating complexity
that is made up of simpler things, in order to make use of complexity
simple for the users of that complexity.

The problems is that there is no general automation tool oriented to all
users. Yet the essence of programming boils down to two deminsional bit
flipping.

I've identified and defined the tool and it's natural components.

The problem is in getting an industry that has been programmed to depend
on some level of manual control over what the users can and can't do, to
let go of such control and make available such a natural automation tool
as identified, so that the user can do things for themselves, rather than
being dependant on the programmers and whether or not they have the
resources to get a programmer to do what they need done.

The problem is perhaps to prevasive for you to see?

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<