Which GUI toolkit to use?

John Gorman jdgorman at ieee.org
Wed Feb 6 00:23:22 EST 2002

Hi Joshua,
   This question has surfaced several times on c.l.p.

See, for instance, past postings at google/dejanews...
(http://groups.google.com/groups?q=python+gui+group%3Acomp.lang.python.*&btnG=Google+Search&hl=en)

Cameron Laird maintains a list that has some useful pointers.
http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/python_GUI.html

Several of these work on multiple platforms.  I've had good success with
wxPython code running successfully (w/o modification) on both Win2K and
RH 7.2.

There are also gui builders available for wxPython/wxWindows
(boa-constructor, wxDesigner) and pyQT (Black Adder) and pyGTk (glade).
  As far as I know there are win32 versions of QT and GTk, so each of
these three toolkits are accessible to Win platforms.

Cheers,
John Gorman