Java vs Python Benchmarks: Java is faster

Bryan bryan at eevolved.com
Fri Feb 1 02:10:53 EST 2002

Donn Cave wrote:

> | - Interpreter intialization time has doubled in 2.2
>
> Doubled!!?  Could that be some kind of site glitch?

It is possible, but I doubt it. I ran the tests ten times at various points
during my day and consistently saw results that indicated that 2.2 takes
twice as long to initialize the interpreter. Perform your own tests:
perhaps I am overlooking something on my end.
--
Bryan Mongeau
http://www.eevolved.com/bryan