Backwards Compatibility of Python versions

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Mon Feb 4 18:00:25 EST 2002

In article <7x8za8dgle.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>,
Paul Rubin  <phr-n2002a at nightsong.com> wrote:

>  a) If I put together a 1.5.2 bugfix release and submit it, will it go
>     up on Python.org with a link on the front page like the current
>     1.5.2 link?

In theory, yes.  In practice, you'll have document your work so
carefully that it probably won't be worth it.  I don't think anyone will
commit to making such a release available in the absence of existing
work to be submitted.  Have you read PEP 6 yet?

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"The more you drive, the less intelligent you are."  --_Repo Man_