Backwards Compatibility of Python versions

Paul Rubin phr-n2002a at nightsong.com
Mon Feb 4 18:12:32 EST 2002

aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) writes:
> >  a) If I put together a 1.5.2 bugfix release and submit it, will it go
> >     up on Python.org with a link on the front page like the current
> >     1.5.2 link?
>
> In theory, yes.  In practice, you'll have document your work so
> carefully that it probably won't be worth it.  I don't think anyone will
> commit to making such a release available in the absence of existing
> work to be submitted.  Have you read PEP 6 yet?

That's ok, it's just a theoretical question.  The other question was
whether a 1.2.1 bugfix release would also go up, since 1.2 is not
linked from the front page now.  Versions from 1.5.2 to 2.2 are
currently linked from the front page.  Versions older than 1.5.2 are
not.  That reinforces the impression that 1.5.2 is still current
while versions like 1.2 are ancient history.