Perhaps I am just dumb

Randy Talbot randytalbot at home.com
Sat Feb 9 21:35:43 EST 2002

On 9 Feb 2002 02:22:44 -0800, wookiz at hotmail.com (wooks) wrote:

>New to the language, new to OO but I do understand the basic concepts,
>not at all new to programming, trying to do the right thing by
>searching archives before asking questions. Yet I feel I need to be
>doing a university degree course in philosophy or mathematics to
>follow almost any discussion. If that's the way it is fair enough but
>Python is supposedly simple to learn (thus far I've had an easier time
>of it learning Perl). If someone comes and says I've had the following
>understanding of concept X since I was in grade 2 why is it not so in
>Python, the answers seem to be heavy on the philosophical
>justifications fo the Python way and light on the practical benefits.
>The answers also tend to be in a totally different intellectual
>context.
Have you looked at The Quick Python Book by Daryl Harms & Kenneth
McDonald http://www.manning.com/Harms/index.html  published by Manning
Publishing Co.? I am a newbie to programming and have found this book
to be the best help for me in understanding the python language in a
clear and concise way. With this book by your side you will be able to
follow majority of the discussions. I highly recommend this book.
Randy Talbot