Python 2.2 <-> Solaris 2.6 installation errors

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Wed Feb 13 10:52:31 EST 2002

Martin v. Loewis writes:
> It is understandable why it fails crashes the second time. What is
> surprising is why it did not manage to remove the faulty readline
> extension the first time (when it really did build it). Unfortunately,
> Jeff did not report the output from the first make invocation, so this
> is somewhat hard to tell.

Easily enough resolved <0.2 wink>.  I've logged output from
the configuration, make, and make install runs.  They are
too long to post, but I'll send them as email attachments
later.

I think the problems Chris and I are having may be similar.

The only thing I can find on the SourceForge Tracker is
a make test failure on sunos5 (#512007), to which Martin has
already responded, if not actually resolved.

Should I submit this as a build/installation bug?

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research