Pythonistas? <- Re: OT: Perl programmers?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Wed Feb 13 21:16:45 EST 2002

Keith Keller <kkeller at speakeasy.net> graced us by uttering:
> Tim Hammerquist <tim at vegeta.ath.cx> writes:
>> IIRC, "agua" _is_ feminine, but takes the masculine article when
>> singular. Mi diccionario dice que "agua" es feminina, también.
>>
>> OTOH, la palabra "mar" es masculina _y_ feminina. Por ejemplo:
>>
>>     "el agua en la mar"     # Correct
>>     "las aguas del mar"     # Correct
>
> Es mas malo que Perl!  ;-)

Possibly, as you seem to define "worse". At least in Perl5, if you
see $palabra, you can be sure it's a scalar, and @lista is an array.

OTOH, exceptions in Spanish are much less frequent than in English or
French.  Pronunciation is nearly 100% predictable, and there are more
regular verbs than most languages.

(I have no knowledge of German.)

> (yes, it's been a decade since I spoke Spanish, why do you ask?)

No es importante. Es importante que Ud. continue aprender. Puede
aprender Español, Ingles, Japonés, Perl, Python, o Ruby.

> --keith

Cheers,
Tim Hammerquist
--