Pythonistas? <- Re: OT: Perl programmers?

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Feb 14 13:36:04 EST 2002

Tim Hammerquist wrote:

> OTOH, exceptions in Spanish are much less frequent than in English or
> French.  Pronunciation is nearly 100% predictable, and there are more
> regular verbs than most languages.
>
> (I have no knowledge of German.)

German has fewer exceptions than English.  There are a fair number of
irregular verbs, but many of those follow similar patterns.
Pronunciation is also extremely predictable, unlike English.  (English
and German are my only two languages (well, human languages, as opposed
to computer languages), so I can't well compare German with
Spanish/French....)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International