Guido wins FSF Award

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 17 14:38:13 EST 2002

On 17-Feb-02 12:34:12 (Five Fresh) Fish <root at 127.0.0.1> wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:35:23 -0700 (MST), <kosh at aesaeion.com> wrote:

>>On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Courageous wrote:
>>

>>> Really, Geedo didn't deserve this award. Since plainly Python is
>>> a system designed to obfuscate code, perpetuate complexity, and other-
>>> wise fails to recognize the simplicity of the nine command division
>>> of the entire physical universe, I redirect the committee to Sir
>>> Timothy Rue. My vehement protest to the comittee will be publically
>>> filed by 1100 GMT tomorrow, I swear. And well, if none of you see or
>>> understand why it is I have to do this, that's understandable. You are
>>> perhaps simply incapable of comprehending my rationale.
>>>

>>ROFLMAO!!!
>>
>>Very well done comment and I agree completely with the point at which it
>>is aimed. :) However I think you need to state your response in terms of
>>the 9 basic commands that underly all things so as to make your point
>>better. Be sure to include about 3000 pages of explaining documentation so
>>that the simplicity of your answer can be seen.
>>

>I wonder if it's at all fair to make so much fun of a man who is obviously
>off his meds.  One should feel pity for Tim Rue, really.
>
>But then I start laughing and figure, heck, it's by his choice, so what the
>hell!  :-)

Hasn't anyone ever told you to not use root publicly? Or is it your
choice?

Ah, Kosh has a history of about 88 posts in Amiga newsgroups and up to
July last year. But May thru August last year he has made 30 post to c.l.p
until he added his 31st in this thread recently. I've also seen kosh
explode many time in IRC. But what Kosh says about 3000 pages.... Guess
kosh hasn't been around much enough to know better then to assume
documentation consist of about 3/7th's of my usenet posts. As well as his
putting on blinders to such simplicity as the following:

Certainly everyone does understand in reading and responding to post here,
they actually make use of all nine action. It's physics, but they may
think it's me and that somehow their reactions will cause a dismissal
of.... well physics.

Lets see now:

AI - start and stop, change interfaces - Uh start up newsreader and
     connect.

PK - keep track of where you are - Pick up where you left off on the thread..

OI - get input - read with eyes

IP - input from - internet and monitor

OP - output to - keyboard usenet postings

SF - one step at a time - damn this non-polyphony qwerty keyboard and
     mouse...

IQ - what's the meaning - whats a good non-target meaning I can attach to
     try and cause confusion to what tim is on about? ... Access the
     KE'd Thesaurus meaning of words, phrases and things Tim says.

ID - identify posters - hey there is one by tim, now I know to be
     (KE'd) constrain as defined by KE

KE - constraints to apply to IQ meanings and ID poster named tim rue -
     must be bit flipped (opposite) IQ'd, negative and anti-productive.

.
.
.
.

In the 80/20 rule, or even the 90/10, most all other industries have
productive working value of 80% or better, and problems of 20% or much
less. only about 16% of the software industries projects get out on time
and within budget. The hardware industry of computers is better than that
but also still highly incompatable.

Better yet to become master over this beast. Which even it has to use the
nine action constants of abstraction manipulation mechanics.

So how does Python address the following?

COMDEX SPRING and WINDOWS WORLD 95
Power Panel - "What's Wrong with Software Development"
** In The U.S. Only **
$81 Billion = 31% of software development gets cancelled before complete
$59 Billion = 53% of software development has cost over-runs of 189%
16% success - project success and failure ratio
61% customer requested features and functions make it in
Maintenance and repair is where most of the U.S. dollars are going,
instead of new, better, easier to use software.

---- Overall ----
Problems - all-around lack of complete documentation and weak training,
faulty user input and feed back - self contradictory user request, lack
of project leadership between developers and users, management created
problems and low quality control standards, feature creep and software
size increase, advancing technology rate of change and lack of general
standards, solutions around the corner but never arrive and our tools
are better than theirs attitude, lack of a value chain structure for
value added abilities, failure to produce a functional model before
coding and constant remodeling, etc.

Solution directions - code re-use, object oriented programming,
component-based programming, distributed components, better tools,
better programming methodologies, leaner software, a splitting of code
writer types into two catagories - architects and assemblers, better
effort to establish a working vocabulary between developers and users
so users can in some way lead development, etc.

---- A Few Comments from Panel Members ----
A culture needs to evolve that respect software engineers as
crafts-people. Writing code is not just writing code but like the field
of writing where you have technical, creative, documentary, etc., there
are different types of code writing. (Authors' note: I agree with this
but also realize end users are even more specialized in what they need
and do. Respect for the end user needs and abilities is needed even more
so. Without respect given to the end user, the software engineer will not
be given respect in return.)

A fundamental change in the programming environment needs to happen that
allows the tools to work together more. (Authors' note: the panel member
making this comment, did not specify what tools or who the tools would be
used by. It was a very general comment pointing to a fundamental
programming environment change. A lead in to the concept of componet
programming. But, there was no recognition given to the concept of
componet software or componet applications. At least not in the sense of
being outside of "plugins". Read on!)

Jokingly - one of the best ways to copy protect software is to put it in
a dll, give it an obscure name and put it in the windows system directory.
Because you'd never find it. (Authors' note: This does not make it any
easier for the end user in keeping their system organized, clean and
optimized. This attitude of constraints, though humorous, cost end users
alot.)

The meaning of "intellectual property" became questioned. Did it mean you
take the best ideas or something owned? (Authors' note: it was the panel
supporting "best ideas" but wouldn't the correct term for this use be
"intellectual value" rather than "intellectual property"? What would
happen, regarding this, in a court room? The audience member whom brought
this up, was a bit angry about the distortion. Her question was: Is it
the developers whom are creating the problems? And what are the
developers going to do about it? The responce was "that's not the
problem!")

Users shouldn't develope software but know, better than the developers,
what they want and need. (Authors' note: users don't have the time to
write code, it's not their job or duties!!! I can cut the lawn, I know
how, but if I don't have the time, I hire someone. And because I know how
to better communicate what I want done, I'll get what I want and know
I'll not be greatly overcharged.)

Analogy used to start off power panel: Getting the right software
development tools is alot like dating. And it evolved to something about
programmers not being able to get dates, while touching a nerve with a
panel member. (Authors' note: Phillip needs to get a amiga. Amiga is
mexican for - girl friend. Phillip, if you see this, you know you gotta
laugh about it.)

(Author observation from attending this gathering - alot of good points
where brought up from both the audience and members of the panel but it
became clear there was no solution being brought forward to satisfy the
majority. The audience saw this as it thinned out over the course, as
they perceived the power panel struggling for a sales pitch. There where
two on the panel not biased due their position, leaving six biased.
Microsoft, Borland, Powersoft, Oracle, Software Associates, and IBM were
the biased parties.)

Panel mix - Tools developers, Data Base Developers, Application
Developers, Application salvagers, and software consultants.

BUT NOT USERS, as in end users/consumers/clients.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<