controlling web browser in windows

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Wed Feb 27 04:31:15 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:33:58 -0800, Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com>
wrote:
>Of course, I then discovered that much of what I *wanted* to do, was forbidden
>from scripts for security reasons, but that's another story.  ;)

Reminds me of something.....recently I was also playing around with
COM and IE and tried to navigate to a page and save it to disk.
Navigating was no problem (using the Navigate() method) but saving the
page didn't work. I tried to save it via the ExecWB() call, but that
only raised an exception (which didn't really contain a useful error
message. The message was in German, so I think it doesn't help much if
I post it). So my question: Is that an example of what is forbidden
from Python? Or is there a way to save the content to disk
automatically?

And another thing that confused me: When I start the COM makepy
utility I don't see IE in the list ("InternetExplorer.Application"
doesn't show up). Why not?

- Matthias -