Windows GUI - which way?

Spencer Doidge spencer at spencerdoidge.com
Wed Feb 27 22:45:21 EST 2002

I have a nice script running and doing useful work--in the Windows console
mode.
It sends RS232 commands and receives replies, punctuated by various time
delays.
I parked the script at http://www.spencerdoidge.com/tp1.py
Kudos and credits to Isaac Barona for his contribution, the SerialPort
class, which I modified slightly to suit my needs.
The script tabulates and reports the results and writes a log.

I'd like to make this palatable for others around the company to use, and
that means Windows GUI.
The user would select the script from a menu, or type the filename in a
dialog, or use File/Open, or...

(Forgive me, please if I miss the mark with my questions--I'm a bit fried
after burying myself in Python the last couple of weeks. I'm just coming up
for air...)
I'm looking for suggestions and insights on which of the following
approaches might be best:

So should I write up a program in my favorite style, Win32 API, and embed
Python in it?
Or should I spawn a child process and run my good old console version in the
child process? (Not sure how I would be able to interrupt the child process
though.)
Or should I write the whole thing in Python?

Would somebody like to comment on the pros and cons?

Spencer Doidge