running a program via exec*

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Thu Feb 21 19:11:03 EST 2002

Hi,
  this is somewaht related to my earlier post. When I use execl(progname)
it seems to work. However it always looks for the progrma in the current
directory. Is there any way to specify the path from the environment
without having to type out the path to the program itself?

TIA,

Rajarshi Guha                  | email: rajarshi at presidency.com
417 Davey Laboratory           | web  : http:// www.jijo.cjb.net
Dept. Of Chemistry             | ICQ  : 123242928
Pennsylvania State University  | AIM  : LoverOfPanda
GPG Fingerprint: DCCB 4D1A 5A8B 2F5A B5F6  1F9E CDC4 5574 9017 AF2A
Public Key     : http://pgp.mit.edu/