Help: I want a chat script!

Flavian Hardcastle deathtospam43423 at altavista.com
Sun Feb 10 01:07:06 EST 2002

"Chris Gonnerman" <chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote in
news:mailman.1013316023.10782.python-list at python.org:

> "PERL type CGI's" should be read "scripts".  You can't run Python,
> Perl, Ruby,
> Lua, etc. from this particular server.
>
> Try Xitami.  It is quite compatible with Python.  http://xitami.com

Thanx. I'm downloading it as we speak.

So with this server, will I be able to just send info direct from my
browser form to a file? If I can do that, then I'm up and running.

[snip]

> The form looks good, but where is script.cgi?

In the same directory as the html form, cgi-bin.

--
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether
a man is wise by his questions."  Naguib Mahfouz

netvegetable at dingoblue.net.au