OT Annoying Dir Boxes

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 06:17:31 EST 2002

.

>Also... what's this 'filename completion' you speak of? Are you talking
>about windows? (Though i s'pouse it may have been added past 98, i've
>never known nor can find a key that does this...)

well in cmd.exe (WinNT Win2k etc) you can configure a key to auto-
complete filenames just like bash (I use the tab key). In the standard
file dialogs entering a prefix usually results in a dropdown list of
files/directories beginning with that prefix; you can then use the down
arrow key to select and carriage return to finish.
--
Robin Becker