Silly link question: python22_d.dll

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Sun Feb 24 15:10:48 EST 2002

Okay,

I have this problem I've been getting around the hard way.
In VC6.0, when I have a program which talks to Python C/API
functions, and my program is compiled in Debug configuration,
it expects to find the python22_d.dll. I don't always want
or need this, however, and was wondering how's it's possible
to just accept python22.dll as part of my build?

I know how to build Python from source, and that's how I do
it now, but that's a pain sometimes.

Furthermore, why the heck doesn't the binary release include
python22_d.dll???

C//