Stackless Platform Independence?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at acm.org
Sat Feb 23 00:42:41 EST 2002

The world rejoiced as Gustavo Niemeyer <niemeyer at conectiva.com> wrote:
>> > - Platform independence is gone.
>>
>> I hope not...  I would hope to hear that "platform indepedence has
>> _ARRIVED_"

> That's the human nature. Tismer writes half a dozen mails, some with
> unbelivable results, and some asking for help. One of the first
> answers he gets is complaining about something.

It wasn't intended as a "complaint;" I was somewhat surprised, and was
making a fairly much value-free comment (that could be taken more than
one way :-(), somewhat hoping that the answer was "oops; typo" perhaps
accompanied by some suitably sarcastic come-backs.

The expansion on the matter has been educational.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.adanac@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/spiritual.html