what I would like to see in python to make a better "glue" language (Newbie)

Andy Gimblett gimbo at ftech.net
Tue Feb 26 17:20:51 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:44:33PM -0800, Sheila King wrote:

> I have recently had to do the same thing (parsing an nslookup
> command) in order to write a script. I would REALLY appreciate a DNS
> module as part of the standard library. The socket library just
> didn't quite do everything I needed.

Have you seen Andy Dustman's adns module?  I've used this with some
success in the past.

http://dustman.net/andy/python/adns-python

BTW, I agree with most of the OP's points, except that I'm hungrier
for SNMP than he is.  ;-)

--
Andy Gimblett - Programmer - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 044 Fax: 029 20 820 035 http://www.frontier.net.uk/