Tcl problem

Nikolay Mladenov tany at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 7 01:10:55 EST 2002

Hi all,

This has probably been asked before but I could not find answer for my
question.
I am embedding python (2.1) into a third party application through a
plugin.

I have a simple console for testing and I am getting this:
>>>import Tkinter
>>>tk = Tkinter.Tk()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<Console>", line 1, in ?
  File "E:\PROGRA~1\Python\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1480, in
__init__
    self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className)
TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
    {} E:/PROGRA~1/Python/lib/tcl8.3 e:/lib/tcl8.3 e:/lib/tcl8.3/library
e:/library e:/../tcl8.3/library ../tcl8.3/library
This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

I have no problems with this from the standard python console.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks