scripted install of Python-2.2 and win32all?

John Schmitt jschmitt at ati.com
Thu Feb 7 01:20:15 EST 2002

Hopefully you can get an answer that I can use too.  I wanted to do this too
so I tried this at the Windows command prompt:

>Python-2.2.exe /?

which immediately started the install.  The ActivePython installer did only
a little better:

>ActivePython-2.1.1.msi /?

which immediately pops up an alert warning me that my command line
parameters were incorrect.  No hints found about the installer.

Some InstallShield type installers throw up a dialog box with their
installer options when prompted.

What does seem to do something is this:

>Python-2.2.exe /s

Don't know if that'll get you the options you want though.

John