Python IDEs

Henrik Motakef henrik.motakef at web.de
Sun Feb 10 09:43:11 EST 2002

John Ochiltree <jo at johnochiltree.uklinux.net> writes:

> > AFAIK, there is Python (and other non-C++ languages) support in the
> > CVS version of Gideon (the successor of KDevelop). So no need to take
> > the time yoursef.
> Is there a URL for Gideon, the Gideon on SourceForge isn't it.

Sorry, AFAIK there isn't anything except some threads on various
KDE(velop)-related mailing lists (http://lists.kde.org). So would have
to try it - it's the kdevelop module in KDE's CVS. Unfortunatly, it
depends on QT 3 (and probably on KDE 3 also, but I didn't go further).

However, after looking at the sources (I didn't bother to compile it
yet), it looks like it would support projects in C++, Java, Python,
Perl and PHP, and is scriptable using Python (yay!). The only
documentation yet is on writing plugins, so one could expect more
languages to follow.

BTW: Anybody tried Eclipse yet? Is there Python support already?