OT: (ambi)dexterity of Pythonistas

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Feb 8 18:55:45 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1013196740.22073.python-list at python.org>,
 <James_Althoff at i2.com> wrote:
>[Aahz]
>>
>>Haven't figured out a good/cheap way to put more than two monitors
>>on a desk, particularly when both are 17" or larger.  It's hard
>>enough stuffing *one* monitor on most crapola office desks.
>
>Fry's Electronics has been selling a *really* nice 18-inch flat panel
>display by NEC.  Same amount of actual display area as many 20 or 21 inch
>video monitors and totally flat, lightweight, space saving, etc.  The
>prices have come down remarkably over the past year.  I bought 4 of them
>for my house over the holidays (yes, I *have* been accused of going
>overboard on occasion, thank you. <wink>).

Two point:

* Horizontal space counts for a lot -- you still can't easily set up
more than two flat-panel displays on most desktops.  Heck, the desk I'm
currently using has a 19" monitor, but it certainly couldn't handle two
15" flat-panel monitors.

* Yes, I'm aware that prices have come down a lot, but the equivalent
flat-panel display is still twice as expensive.  And I *won't* buy
anything at Fry's.

I have to admit that I'm seriously thinking about an iMac, though.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"We should forget about small efficiencies, about 97% of the time.
Premature optimization is the root of all evil."  --Knuth