mxODBC, stored procedure syntax

François Lepoutrre francois.lepoutre at seriatim.com
Fri Feb 8 11:42:22 EST 2002

Hi,

As far as i understand it there is currently
no support for returning params from
storedprocedures at the moment.

I understand it is on their "to-do" list.

The trick is to have the stored procedure
return a cursor (select statement).

Works quite well for us on sybase ASA.

I'll like the support for odbc to be extended
to quite a lot of other things...

But odbc works - simple and stable.

That makes python useful of us.
Many thanks to M.A Lemburg :)

François

cb921 wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>
>I have been trying to connect to an MS SQL Server via ODBC using mxODBC.
>It's all working, but calling of a stored procedure is causing problems.
>Without any syntax worries, it looks like:
>
>cr.execute("{call storedprocedure('cellnr','passwd')}")
>
>and it should return me two output parameters, in the example (not Py :)
code