RELEASED [OOPS - The Python Datastore v0.9]

Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale wzdd at lardcave.net
Wed Feb 13 23:22:27 EST 2002

At 10:32pm on the 13th of February, Dan P wrote:

> OOPS - The Python Datastore.
>
> OOPS stands for object-oriented persistent storage which should give you an
> idea of its purpose. It was designed to be as easy to learn as python, to
> have an intuitive interface, to be conservative in memory and processor
> usage; basically to be as simple as possible without sacrificing
> scalability.

Hi Dan,

I'm currently working with the ZODB, which is another implementation of a
persistent data store for Python. The ZODB is part of Zope, but a standalone
version is also available.

Have you looked at ZODB? I'm not trying to suggest that OOPS is duplicating
it. I'm just wondering what the differences are. Please excuse me if I
missed something big. :)

ZODB: http://www.zope.org/Products/StandaloneZODB

- Nicholas