basic books/guides on multithreading programming?

Peter Milliken peter.milliken at gtech.com
Sun Feb 17 16:37:02 EST 2002

G'Day Tripp,

Have a look at Concurrency In Ada by Burns and Wellings - I found it an
excellent book on tasking and related issues, of course it uses features of
the Ada language to explain how various issues can be solved (Ada has
tasking built into the language definition rather than as a library add-on -
guards on entry statements etc etc which are things you can't do with a
"library" :-)) but it explains generic tasking issues quite simply and then
presents the solution in terms of Ada - which is a very readable language.

Peter