FxPy

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Wed Dec 11 10:45:01 EST 2002

DP <pennedinil at excite.com> wrote:
> I just posted a querstion regarding wxPython. To continue with the GUI
> thread...
>
> I also attempted to learn to use FxPy prior to deciding on wxPython.
> Since my requirements are simple I don't think it matters what GUI
> module I use.
>
> But with PxPy I keep getting error messages along the lines of
><module_name>c missing (e.g., miscc missing).
>
> In the lib/site-packages/FxPy directory, I see both misc.py as well as
> misc.pyc present. I tried manually editing the files to change all
> references to <module_name>c to <module_name> but got other errors. I
> just feel this is not a fix for this, and that I'm probably doing
> something wrong.

It sounds like those are C modules, with the Python module being a thin
wrapper around the C module. E.g.:

misc.py -> thin wrapper around miscc.so
miscc.so -> made by compiling miscc.c

The *.pyc files are byte-compiled Python modules -- when you first
import a module, Python will byte-compile it and save the *.pyc file in
the same place as the module. Then the next time that module gets
imported, if the *.pyc file is still up-to-date, Python will import the
*.pyc so as to save time. But I think the *.pyc files have nothing to do
with the error message you've been seeing.

--
Robin Munn <rmunn at pobox.com>
http://www.rmunn.com/