howto? "def create_dir"

Michael Stenner mstenner at phy.duke.edu
Mon Dec 2 09:39:23 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 03:07:06PM +0100, Michael wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I´ve wrote a script in python which remote copies zip files from a server to
> another server. It upacks it and delete the source-zipfile from the remote
> server. All is working fine. But since a few days i got stuck with a simple
> "mkdir-def"...
>
> I have built a class in python containig several def´s for copying,
> upacking, checking.... Now I am trying to write a def which creates a
> directory at the destination server. On the destination server I ve got a
> directory (/some/where) where the upacked files are placed. I would like to
> write a def which creates the dest.dir (/some/where/destdir) where the name
> "destdir" is taken from a variable within the class.
>
> After studying 4 python books and asking google for help without success, I
> have to ask the python gurus in this group :-) Thanks in advanced.

What kind of server?  NFS, SMB, FTP....  Perhaps you could give us a
couple of your other functions so we can see what you're doing?  You
might also want to include what operating systems you're using (for
client and server).

					-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner at phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305