learning to program!

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Thu Dec 26 10:06:24 EST 2002

"Ole Jensen" <ole_jensen at dbmail.dk> wrote in message news:<MnwO9.7568$T3.316 at news1.bredband.com>...
> I have no experince in programing...
>
> wouæd you recommend me whith starting in python or just by making programs
> with my ti-83 graph-calculatr?

I started programming with a Casio pocket calculator. It was
non-graphic, with like 1500 bytes (bytes, not Kbytes !) of memory. It
as programmable with a prehistoric Basic with line numbers. I ran
costantely out of memory to store
my programs and I had to cancel the old one (and rewrite them when
needed!).
Still, it was a lot of fun.
It is fun programming in Python too :-).

If I was you, I would do both: the calculator AND Python.

Notice however that it will take you a little longer to master Python
than the the ti-83.... ;-)

Happy Holidays,
                              Michele