Wet Dream--python to native compiler

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sat Dec 14 00:05:51 EST 2002

> Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote in message
>
> > As I recall, last time we discussed this, we decided that the lack of
> > an army of grad students at a time when it was possible to get a
> > Masters or a Phd for writing a compiler was responsible.
>
> Why isn't that possible anymore?
>
> Steve
> --

1. Universities aren't impressed by Compiler Writing any more. (Been
   done before, they say).

2. There are too many languages, so any given Language gets a fraction
   of what they would have got when 'there was Lisp ....  and there
   was everything else'.  <Smiling warmly at the Lispers who are saying,
   huh? But _nothing_ has changed ...>

Laura Creighton