Pyrex

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Thu Dec 26 17:53:12 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1040904991.23796.python-list at python.org>, Laura
Creighton wrote:
[snip]
>There is also swig http://www.swig.org/  I've never used it,

I have -- it's very easy to use for most things. A nifty tool indeed.

> and I don't
>know why you would use it other than boost, but somebody here should know.

Doesn't Boost.Python require (parts of) the Boost library to be
installed before it works? SWIG will give you a set of plain C files
that don't rely on anything, that you can inclue in your
distribution... If my perception about Boost here is correct, I'd say
that counts in favour of SWIG when it comes to distributability. (I've
never dared to even try to install Boost myself, given that it is
based on a special-purpose install tool and that it seems really
huge... But the library does look excellent :)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland
http://hetland.org