Pyrex

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Thu Dec 26 19:00:16 EST 2002

> From: Magnus Lie Hetland [mailto:mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no]
[...]
> Doesn't Boost.Python require (parts of) the Boost library to
> be installed before it works? SWIG will give you a set of
> plain C files that don't rely on anything, that you can
> inclue in your distribution... If my perception about Boost
> here is correct, I'd say that counts in favour of SWIG when
> it comes to distributability. (I've never dared to even try

True (my embedding experiences have been with either internal projects
or projects where we didn't give away source code, so it never was an
issue for me...)

> to install Boost myself, given that it is based on a
> special-purpose install tool and that it seems really huge...
> But the library does look excellent :)

Yeah, it really is too bad that configure/make doesn't work on Win* --
somebody should write a tool that could be used everywhere <wink>.

-- bjorn