The Interactive Startup File

BrandonRC b.clausing at attbi.com
Wed Dec 18 15:15:35 EST 2002

When I say the "Interactive window", I do mean the shell that comes up when
I start IDLE.

I have set IDLESTARTUP and my startup.py file is still not being executed.
The only command in my startup.py script right now is 'import os'.  When I
type os.sys.path from the interactive window, an error appears because 'os'
is not defined, which it would be if my startup.py file had been run.  This
is my understanding anyway.  Am I understanding correctly?

IDLESTARTUP = D:\Program Files\Python22\PythonStartUpCmds.py
"Interactive Window" = "D:\Program Files\Python22\pythonw.exe"
"D:\PROGRA~1\Python22\Tools\idle\idle.pyw"

Thanks,
Brandon

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote in message
news:atppfv$455$01$1 at news.t-online.com...
> > I have setup the environ var and the .py file.  When I open the
Interactive
> > window, my startup.py file is ignored.
>
> What exactly is the "Interactive window"? If it is the
> "Python Interactive Shell", then your commands will be executed. If it is
IDLE,