Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Dec 3 01:43:09 EST 2002

Courageous wrote:
>>Now? Well, I'll probably get to understand Lisp well enough that I'll
>>come to like the syntax.
>

> This isn't a given. I've programmed and occasionally still do program in
> Lisp professionally. I have to use it regularly (one of my fields of work
> is human performance modeling, and other things that touch on academic AI).

"have to use it regularly" and "occasionally still do professionally"?
So... you are using it non-professionally more regularly because... you
"have to" academically?

(a) you are one of few who can find paying Lisp work. Congrats.

(b) what is this about having to do something academically? The group
you are involved with uses Lisp, so you have to?

(c) You started with coming to like the syntax not being a given. With
all the lisp you have done, what bothers you about the syntax (if I am
parsing you correctly).

> Never got to like Lisp, though.

What /do/ you like? Why do you not like Lisp? Why do you prefer <what
you do like> over Lisp?

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc