Using Python for business app development

Heikki Tuuri Heikki.Tuuri at innodb.com
Thu Dec 26 16:51:42 EST 2002

Hi!

"David Rushby" <woodsplitter at rocketmail.com> wrote in message
news:OBGO9.21074$BP.3877 at fe01...
> - foreign keys (available with InnoDB tables, but with metadata
limitations:
> "In the near future we will extend the FOREIGN KEY implementation so that
> the information will be saved in the table specification file and may be
> retrieved by mysqldump and ODBC.")

I have to correct that for InnoDB type tables in MySQL the foreign key
constraint definition metadata is accessible through mysqldump, ODBC, and
JDBC. It is stored inside the InnoDB tablespace.

The quote above talks about storing the metadata also for MyISAM type tables
in MySQL.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com