Python as an Object Oriented Programming Language

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Fri Dec 20 17:59:33 EST 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:06:47 -0600, Aaron K. Johnson <akjmicro at yahoo.com> wrote:

>In message <3E02E842.486B7239 at alcyone.com>, Erik Max Francis wrote:
>> "Aaron K. Johnson" wrote:
>>
>> > Whatever. Go fuck Erik Naggum up the ass if you love him so much. You
>> > even
>> > sound like him, so I know you're an asshole, but at least he's
>> > original.
>>
>> This is not a good way to make friends in comp.lang.python.
>
>Do you think I care to make friends with people who insult before choosing to
>understand, or who question my ability to 'breathe by myself'?
>
>I'm not a christian, so I don't 'turn the other cheek'. Anyone who hits me gets
>hit back hard.

You might be surprised to know that what you did didn't come off that way ;-)
Your choice of words showed more about you and affected more people's opinion
about you than about anyone or anything else. I doubt if anyone felt "hit hard"
except perhaps in language usage sensibilities. I know it feels bad to be zinged,
but you will learn more from "enemies" than flatterers. And I put "enemies" in
quotes here because I'm pretty sure it was more a friendly jab than a stab.

>Tell him to be friendly! I have little patience for the Erik Naggum
He probably was being friendly, and just mistook you for being bigger than you are.
(Now that was a zing, wasn't it ;-)

>wannabe...I've already experienced the original.
What one experiences is largely what one brings in one's baggage, unless one is Tim Peters.
(I don't know where that came from ;-)
Try to show as much patience for others as you would like for yourself ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter