Pickle > Shelve > Small SQL Databases

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Sun Aug 25 07:22:49 EDT 2002

* Chris Lyon <chris.lyon at spritenote.co.uk> [2002-08-25 03:45 -0700]:
> [...] I seem to be wandering towards SQL but know of only Gadfly from the
> lutz book and reading around this seems to not being maintained any
> more so I am a little wary.

IIRC somebody else took over maintenance of Gadfly.

<plug>
PySQLite might perhaps be an even better option, it's embedded (no
server), it's reasonably fast, and it supports more than just the most
basic SQL, unlike some other popular RDBMS installed at web hosts ;-)

http://pysqlite.sf.net/
</plug>

We plan to release 0.3.0 really soon now [tm].
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930