Pickle > Shelve > Small SQL Databases

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sun Aug 25 11:44:41 EDT 2002

It sounds like Zope's ZODB would be right up your alley?  Take a look at
it, particularly StandaloneZODB.  You wouldn't want to use it for the
video clip data, but for the object-persistence part it would probably
work quite nicely.

HTH,
Mike

Chris Lyon wrote:
> I am trying to maintain state of a bunch of python objects and the
> relationships between them in a web based application.
> I have categories that may contain programmes or categories but not
> both, programmes that can contain only video clips. and I am trying to
> store all these elements.
> I am barking up completely the wrong tree ( i.e.) is there yet another
> glorous python module that will do it all for me or is Gadfly the way
> to go?
   Mike C. Fletcher
   Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
   http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/