Promoting Python as web application development language

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Tue Aug 27 07:02:35 EDT 2002

In article <7x4rdlyfxz.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>, Paul Rubin
<phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com> writes:

| I don't know about Tcl, but I think Python isn't as well-developed a
| system for web programming as Perl or PHP.  The only production
| application shell / template system I know of is Zope, which is
| overcomplex and apparently dog slow.

well, zope is not exactly pythonic. it has things going for
it, but thinking of zope as a platform to write python
software for the web does not work very well imho.

i suggest you look into quixote, webware or skunkweb. quixote appeals
to me most, but i have not done web development after discovering it
some time ago. i almost look forward to it now :)

  -- erno