Psyco testing feed-back wanted

RPM1 rpm1deletethis at nospamfrontiernet.net
Sat Aug 24 08:05:16 EDT 2002

"Armin Rigo" <arigo at ulb.ac.be> wrote in message
news:Pine.OSF.3.96.1020823150150.1970393A-100000 at aster3.ulb.ac.be...
> Hello everybody,
>
> So it is safe to say that you should definitely try it :-)  I would
> appreciate any feed-back. Any Python code that causes incorrect behavior
> with Psyco would be most welcome. So far, Psyco has been tested with
> numerous small utilities and with Python's regression tests; it needs some
> larger real-world long-running tests, if only to make sure that its memory
> use never grows unboundedly.

Sorry, no bugs yet.  :-)

I'm using psyco in a chess program I'm writing.  I was going down the
path of extending, but pysco is so much easier.  Eventually it should
probably be part of the standard library.

I easily get 4x speedup with psyco in my move generation code.

Thanks for a great product!
Patrick