A question on embedding python and redirecting stderr and stdout

Jesse Marlin jesse.marlin at intec-telecom-systems.com
Mon Aug 26 11:12:03 EDT 2002

I am embedding python in an application and would like to know
if it is possible to redirect where python sends its output.
I have noticed the following functions PySys_WriteStdout and
PySys_WriteStderr, which write to stdout and stderr.  I do
not think what I want to do is possible except to change the code
or forking python stuff.  The reason for wanting this is so I can have
feedback from executed scripts which is not munged in with all
other writes to stderr or stdout.  Thanks for any help.