Psyco testing feed-back wanted

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Mon Aug 26 15:02:57 EDT 2002

Armin Rigo <arigo at ulb.ac.be> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I should have mentioned here that the second Psyco release (0.4.1) is
> out.

Very nice Armin. I have checked the Psyco site a couple of times, good
that the project is not dead.

> I'm looking for feed-back. Psyco works reasonably well; I'd even have
> a hard time designing code specifically to break it. (There are a few
> documented limitations at http://psyco.sourceforge.net/bugs.html.)

I've tested it on a couple of pygame project's and it seems to work
well. Experienced about 2x the frame rate by using psyco on a program
that has some tight python rendering loops in it.

> * don't use 'psyco.jit()'; use 'psyco.bind()' or 'psyco.proxy()'.

Seconded. psyco.jit() doesn't seem to do much on the code I have
tried, whereas psyco.bind seems to matter a lot.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad