Dijkstra on Python

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 04:14:32 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1029291204.3008.python-list at python.org>, Christopher
A. Craig <list-python at ccraig.org> writes
>Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:
>At the time that paper was written, I would have considered f1 to be
>the obvious solution.  Unless I had some good reason for needing to
>optimize, I never would have tried anything else.  Now, having become
>more one with Python, I would immediately write
>"".join(map(chr, list)) without even thinking.  That from is concise,
>fast, and its meaning rather obvious.
well as a day to day thing your current prime choice is unusable since
it needs strings to be class objects and certainly won't work in a large
percentage of Python installations which are stuck at 1.5.2.

"There is only one way to do it until a better way comes along or until
a requirement changes or......."
--
Robin Becker