Tkinter - mouse cursor position

James Hall jch1003 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 9 10:00:27 EDT 2002

Help,

Is there a way of setting the mouse cursor position in a Tkinter canvas
(other than by moving the mouse that is).

Suppose a canvas showing some form of visualisation, clicking on a
feature of interest causes the visualisation to be redrawn in such a way
as to move the feature - the mouse cursor should then appear in the new
position, still over the feature. Calculating where it should be is
trivial, but search as I may I cannot find out how to move the cursor to
the new position as required. Can't believe that this simple
functionality is missing.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

James Hall