Global Locking

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 6 13:01:54 EDT 2002

bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) writes:

> Is there a log that records development decisions like that, other than dev
> mail archives? I.e., something that summarises and concentrates the issues
> and rationale, like PEPs? Or is it done mainly with notes in CVS?

If the decisions are not meant to have a user-visible effect, and are
assumed to be uncontentious, nothing will be published. If there are
user-visible effects, an entry in Misc/NEWS is made.

Details of changes are in the mail archives, the CVS logs, and the SF
patch records. To find the origin of some change, it is usually best
find the version when it was made, then refer to the log message; if
this originates from a SF patch, the log message mentions the SF patch
number.

Regards,
Martin