NEEDED: SQL Parser callable from python?

MikeK mkent at atlantic.net
Sun Aug 25 09:17:32 EDT 2002

Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote in message news:<mailman.1030205080.5401.python-list at python.org>...
{snip]
> You'd probably be better off by just putting your data into an RDBMS. If
> it needs to be embedded, then PySQLite could be one option.

I can't go that path, as the data can't be moved (at this time) to a different
database.  It must continue to exist in the form that the legacy app expects
it in.  I'm attempting to provide a new-and-improved interface to the data.
Perhaps in time it will remove the need for the legacy interface, but not in
the near future.

Yes, I know I would need to create my own query engine.  In reality, that
engine would only need to map the SQL queries into the legacy system's queries.

Thanks for the reply.  I'll look into the SQL parsers in the projects you
mentioned.